- 1st Sunday of the Month Bird Walk Docent
- 3rd Sunday of the Month Bird Walk Docent
- Weekend Shorebird Stewards (Season: March-Sept)
All new long-term volunteers must complete a 2-day mandatory Information Ambassador training (scheduled for Saturdays, April 5 & 19). Long-term volunteers must be willing to commit to serving a minimum of 4 hours per month.
Training Topics include:
- Intro to Reserve and Refuges
- What is an Estuary? Wetland Metaphors
- Intro to Watershed
- Intro to Estuarine Ecology
- Intro to Research and Monitoring
- Sensitive Species
- Injured and Orphaned Wildlife
- History and Land Use
- Stewardship Program
- Education Programs
- and more!
Supplemental training is required for Docents and Shorebird Stewards.
Attendance of the Information Ambassador training does not guarantee a volunteer position. All volunteers must interview for open volunteer positions. Please fill out the online application to begin the process. Thank you.
To apply: Submit a Volunteer Application Form