Scout groups interested in discovering the Tijuana Estuary will find that they can fulfill badge requirements, parts of a journey, or a required project. Programs can either be guided by Reserve staff or self-guided by troop leaders or a combination of the two.
Interested groups should call at least 4 weeks in advance to make a reservation and discuss with the education staff which badge they are trying to earn. Programs are generally 1 – 1.5 hours in length. Binoculars are provided for the group to use. Programs are provided FREE of charge, however Tijuana Estuary patches are available for purchase upon completing your program.
- Cub Scouts:
– Wildlife Conservation Belt Loop
– Naturalist Badge
- Boy Scouts:
Please call the Education Department (619.575.3613 ext. 305 or 306) regarding service projects and merit badge requirements.
Promise Center and Learning Petals
– Rosie the Rose (Rose), Make the World a Better Place
– Between Earth and Sky (It’s Your Planet – Love It!)
– Bugs (Legacy: Naturalist)
– Senses (It’s Your Planet – Love It!)
– Hiker (It’s Your Planet – Love It!)
– Outdoor Adventurer (Outdoor: Girls’ Choice 2015)
– WOW! Wonders of Water (It’s Your Planet – Love It!)
– Flowers (Legacy: Naturalist)
– Animal Habitats (It’s Your Story – Tell It! aMUSE)
- Cadette, Senior, Ambassador:
Take Action projects or ask about requirements for miscellaneous badges.
To schedule a visit:
Visit days: Monday – Friday, and 3rd & 4th Saturday afternoons are encouraged.
Lorena Warner-Lara, lorena.warner-lara(at)parks.ca.gov
Marya Ahmad, marya.ahmad(at)parks.ca.gov