The goal of the TRNERR Watershed Program is to facilitate watershed improvement projects that result in direct environmental benefits to the Reserve. Activities in Mexico will primarily occur in Los Laureles Canyon, a watershed sub-basin in Tijuana that drains directly into the Reserve. A newly-settled community in the upper stretch of Los Laureles Canyon, called San Bernardo, is the site of some of the model projects described.
This project has five major activities:
- Erosion Control in Los Laureles Canyon
- Secure Conservation Easements in Urban Canyons in Mexico
- Preventing Sediment from Entering the Reserve
- Tire Reutilization Designs
- Trash Consolidation and Tire Recycling