May I have a gathering of people meet at Border Field State Park?

A Special Event Permit is required for any company, society, organization, or group of persons greater than 25 individuals that wishes to hold, conduct, or participate in any celebration, service, picnic, exercise, or other special event in any park or beach in accordance with State Park rules and regulations (California Code of Regulations, Title 14, Section 4301(j).  Any group that has alcohol or catering is required to have a permit for any size group.

A Special Event Permit is also required for the use of state park lands for commercial photography (advertising, documentary, etc.).

Questions? Contact:
Special Events Coordinator
San Diego Coast District Office

School groups and other groups should contact the TRNERR Education Department for guided and non-guided visits.