Intermittently Open Estuaries: Science & Management Perspectives
September 28, 2016 | Southern California Coastal Water Research Project (SCCWRP) |
This workshop increased participants common understanding of:
- Mouth dynamics and their relationship to estuarine conditions;
- Existing management approaches regarding mouth management;
- Data and knowledge gaps; and
- Trade-offs associated with mouth state and management.
Workshop discussions are informing: (1) ongoing and future data analyses; (2) regional objectives; and (3) the guidance for the Board of Governors.
- Science Background of Mouth Dynamics, John Largier, UC Davis
- Bar-Built Estuary Monitoring and Management of Habitats, Ross Clark, Moss Landing
- Fisheries Management & Mouth Dynamics, Mark Capelli, National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS)
- Water Quality & Mouth Dynamics, Martha Sutula, SCCWRP