The Resilience Initiative collaborates with local, regional, and national communities, organizations, and universities to advance resilience research and planning. Below is a list of core projects and collaborations that are advanced and leveraged by the Initiative.
Projects occur at multiple geographic scales, ranging from local to national efforts.
Tijuana Estuary and River Valley
- CURRV – Climate Understanding & Resilience in the River Valley (completed, 2012-2016)
- TIME – Temporal Investigations of Marsh Ecosystems (completed, 2012-2016)
San Diego Region
- City of Imperial Beach Sea Level Rise Assessment (completed, 2014-2016)
- Resilient Coastlines Project of Greater San Diego (ongoing, 2016-)
- Blasker (completed, 2014-2016)
Southern California Region
- FloodRISE – Flood Resilient Infrastructure and Sustainable Environments (ongoing, 2013-)
- Incorporating Climate-Smart Adaptive Strategies into Wetlands Recovery in Coastal Southern California (ongoing, 2014-)
National Estuarine Research Reserve System
- Climate Scenario Planning for the Kenai Peninsula, Alaska (ongoing, 2015-)
- SAIM – Successful Adaptation Indicators and Metrics (ongoing, 2015-)