Scouting at the Tijuana Estuary
Scout groups interested in discovering the Tijuana Estuary will find that they can fulfill badge requirements, parts of a journey, or a required project. Programs can either be guided by Reserve staff or self-guided by troop leaders or a combination of the two. Girl Scout leaders can click on the badge name to see which requirements can be met at the Tijuana Estuary.
Girl Scout opportunities
- Promise Center and Learning Petals: Rosie the Rose (Rose), Make the World a Better Place
- Journey: Between Earth and Sky (It’s Your Planet - Love It!)
Boy Scout opportunities
- Wildlife Conservation Belt Loop
- Naturalist Badge
Please call the Education Department at (619) 575-3613 ext. 305 regarding service projects and merit badge opportunities and requirements.
Schedule your scouting group visit
Interested groups should call or email at least 4 weeks in advance to make a reservation and discuss with the education staff which badge they are trying to earn.
Tips for your visit:
- You may visit any day of the week, however Friday - Sunday is encouraged.
- Programs are generally 1.5 hours in length.
- Binoculars are provided for the group to use.
- Programs are provided FREE of charge, however Tijuana Estuary patches are available for purchase upon completing your program.
- Guided badge workshops are only for one badge per visit.